National Museum Institute Library is located at the first floor of the National Museum New Delhi. The Institute’s library contains approximately 5,173 books on History of Art, Museology and Conservation. The library also contains about 67,000 slides covering a wide range of subjects from painting, sculpture, architecture to illuminated manuscripts, prints and decorative arts from India South East Asia, Asia Pacific, Central Asia, and Egypt also. Computers & Internet service is also available in the library, which is quite helpful for students. Inter-Library loan facility is available, through DELNET and we also provided facilities like photocopying, scanning and printing at nominal charges.
10.00 AM to 5.00PM (Monday to Saturday) Except Second Saturday and Gazetted Holidays.
NMI Students Faculty and staff only.
The library is open for the use of bonafide research scholars, university students, professors, teachers and fellowship holders.
Overdue charges will be Rs.5 per day, if the book/books not returned in due time and on the repeated of this practice the books will not be issued to the person for a week
- Entry is Permitted with ID card only.(for students)
- Members are Requested not to bring their belongings inside the library
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, laptop , etc. in the library
- Eating, Sleeping and smoking are not allowed in the library.
- Reader should maintain strict silence and switch off their Mobile Phones.
- Membership(Students) of the library is renewed at the beginning of each semester
- Photocopy and Printout Service for the library material shall be available on Payment.
Photocopy: 50 Paise (Per Page)
Printout: Rs.2 (Per Page) Rs.15 (Per Page) Colour
History of Art
Language: French, German, Sanskrit
Encyclopaedia, Thesis, Dictionary, Disseratation
Times of India